End of Life Conversations and Planning
Gentle Dusk Ltd is a socially-minded company working with communities and the workforce to lift the taboo around death, dying and bereavement and to raise awareness of the importance of end of life care planning. We do this by encouraging and supporting people to talk openly about death and dying, to put their end of life care plans in place and to begin honest and open discussions with their families, close friends, carers and all those who might be asked about their end of life wishes.
We deliver our own unique events to staff, volunteers and the public, helping them overcome barriers to talking about the end of life and increasing their knowledge of end of life planning (including advance care planning).
We deliver our unique Future Matters Service in partnership with many organisations including Age UK Islington.
We are a community interest company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, company number 12918509.
Our work occurs in many locations.
Note: Gentle Dusk Ltd is also known commercially as Gentle Dusk.
What We Use Your Personal Information
We aim to be clear about our purpose for collecting your personal data at the time we request it. We will collect personal data in person and/or digitally. We collect your personal data when:
- you are subscribing to our newsletter online or by using a sign-up sheet – we will email you bulletins about our forthcoming events for the event or project you have signed up to, and may also ask for your feedback about event/projects you have taken part in. We may invite you to use third party platforms such as SurveyMonkey or googleforms to collect your feedback;
- you are booking to attend an event (we often use third party booking platforms for this such as Eventbrite or Ticketlab) – we will send additional information pertinent to the event either directly or through the ticketing platform depending on how your booking was made;
- you are registering an activity to be part of one of our public programmes – we will contact you by email with pertinent information for co-ordination of activities for our events programmes, we may also contact you by telephone to discuss your activity;
- you are signing up to participate in one of our drop-in activities – we will take details that help us know who is taking part including information that helps us know of any additional support you might need. Sometimes we will also take contact details to let you know about future related events;
- you may also be applying to be a volunteer or to work with us – as well as staying in touch, we will use your data to develop a volunteer / work plan, review your progress, contact your emergency contacts if necessary and arrange remuneration. We may analyse some data (i.e. gender, postcode, age, health, employment, training) and present the results of this analysis to funders to evidence the impacts of their funding. All results are anonymised unless a participant has explicitly given permission for Gentle Dusk. to share some of their personal data in, for instance, a case study, blog or news article. We mayrefer to anonymised data reports collated by Google Analytics and Google Analytics 360 about frequency of access to our websites to help us monitor the reach and effectiveness of our information and publicity, and as one of the measures of interest in our services.
Who has Access to Your Data?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site. We will take any data breach very seriously and follow GDPR reporting protocols should one arise. Your consent to Gentle Dusk will be clear and explicit about the specific purpose(s) for collecting personal data on each occasion we collect it. In certain circumstances, you are able to withdraw your consent for Gentle Dusk to hold your personal data (e.g. by unsubscribing to our newsletters), request erasure or correction, please refer to “How long does Gentle Dusk keep your data” for more
information. In some instances, not giving your personal data may exclude you from taking part in a Gentle Dusk activity.
How Long Does Gentle Dusk Keep Your Data?
If you are happy to remain subscribed to our mailing lists we may keep your information until Gentle Dusk decides to cease the activity or activities that mailing list is associated to. You can unsubscribe or correct your personal data at any time, and in doing so your personal data pertaining to that subscription will be removed or updated. For all other uses of your personal data you are welcome to make a request either verbally or in writing for this to be deleted or rectified. Written requests can be sent digitally to email@example.com or by post to:
Gentle Dusk Ltd, 8 Church View, Long Marston, Tring, Buckinghamshire, HP23 4QB.
Gentle Dusk will respond to your request within one month of receiving it. Gentle Dusk will observe your request unless there is a statutory, legal or legitimate reason to retain your personal data without change. Gentle Dusk will retain information relating to individual members of staff for a maximum of seven years from the end of employment with Gentle Dusk (unless there is a statutory or legal requirement to retain these for longer, or unless a funder stipulates otherwise). Gentle Dusk will retain personal data of unsuccessful applicants to opportunities for six months.
What if This Policy Changes
Questions or Complaints
It is the responsibility of our Data Protection Lead (DPL) to oversee compliance with this statement. Should you have any questions regarding this statement, or how we process your personal information, please contact Mireille Hayden on firstname.lastname@example.org The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection matters is the Information Commissioner (ICO). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the ICO.
What are Website Cookies and does Gentle Dusk Collect Data?
A cookie (called an Internet or Web cookie) is the term given to describe a type of message that is given to a web browser by a web server. Cookie text files are automatically placed onto your device by some websites you visit. The main purpose of a cookie is to identify users and save site login information for example passwords, shopping basket content and how the site is being used.
What About Links to Other Websites?
Gentle Dusk website contains links to other websites of interest for example the Partners we work with. However, once you have used these links and leave our website, you should note that we (Gentle Dusk) have no control over any of the other websites. Therefore, Gentle Dusk cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always read and check the privacy statement applicable to the other company websites you are visiting